THIS PROJECT IS GRANTED BY THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION UNDER THE ERASMUS+ PROGRAMME IMPLEMENTED BY THE TURKISH REPUBLIC MINISTRY OF EUROPEAN UNION AND THE CENTER FOR EUROPEAN UNION EDUCATION AND YOUTH PROGRAMMES (TURKISH NATIONAL AGENCY/HTTP://WWW.UA.GOV.TR). HOWEVER THE TURKISH NATIONAL AGENCY OR THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION CAN NOT BE HELD REPONSIBLE FORT HE OPINIONS CONTAINED HEREIN.
“Museum Professionals Project” has been started with the support of Turkish National Agency and the cooperation of national and international partners so as to develop training programs for museum professionals and students who are being educated in museology to contribute to their vocational and academic development.
- To Increase both an academic and a vocational training qualifications in the field of museum and museology in Turkey,
- To promote university-sector cooperation,
- To offer contemporary museology education and trainning and application techniques via e-learning portal; to disminate this knowledge and provide to its sustainability.
- Current situation and needs analysis for the museums in Turkey
- Impact assessment study
- Development of the training program /Curricula (VET/Higher Education)
- Designing an e-learning portal and structured web site
- Preparation of policy report:
- Organization of international and national meetings
- Conducting a needs assessment study for museums, visitors and museum employees and development of a strategy and policy and implementation recommendations to meet those needs,
- Establishment of local and international strategic partnerships to improve vocational skills of the present and potential museum professionals and sharing best practices,
- Designing a vocational training program to improve vocational skills of museum professionals in line with the results of the current situation analysis, the needs assessment as well as the impact assessment studies,
- Creating e-learning opportunities based on information technology, promoting digital learning and research and establishment of flexible learning paths within the scope of the participants’ needs and goals in the field of contemporary museology,
- To create a pioneer and sample model for the other universities and agencies at national level through designing a training program/curricula.
- Present and potential staff of museums
- Students of Museology, Museum Management, Museum Training, Art Management and Art History
- Turkish Republic Ministry of Culture and Tourism,
- Staff of public and private museums,
- Grad / undergrad students in Museology, Museum Training and Museum Management departments of universities
- individuals who have career goals in the field of Contemporary Museology.
- Local Governments,
- Trainers and experts working in the field of museology,
- Related non-governmental organizations
- Ankara University (Coordinator)-Turkey
- Ethnograpy Museum- Turkey
- TURKKAD- Turkey
- Euro Innovanet-Italy
- Ironbridge George Müzesi-United Kingdom
- Universitatea Lucian Blaga din Sibiu -Romania